Back to school means back to routines! While settling into new routines for the kids, don’t forget about yourself! This transition is perfect to carve out your workout time. Exercise is essential to looking and feeling your best, clearing your mind and preventing countless health issues — and it doesn’t have to mean working out for hours each day. Even if you only have a few minutes, here are our tips to make sure fitness makes it into your new routine:
- Make your workout schedule, and commit to it! Our favorite way to ensure we stay on a consistent schedule is to sign up for our workouts plenty of time in advance and add them to our calendars like we would any other appointment. This helps with accountability and ensures you won’t double-book during a workout window.
- Turn regular family time into active family time. Go for a walk together after dinner or hold a plank-off in the living room. Bonding + sweating = two birds with one stone!
- Work out… at work! Check out our health tip on deskercising — how to fit fitness into your workday. The recommended minimum amount of activity per day is 30 minutes, but you can break those 30 minutes up into smaller intervals whenever you have time! “Deskercising” is a great way to get your heart rate up and get the body moving while on a call or in the office between meetings.
- Stream while the kids are napping. Our streaming service boasts over 4,500 minutes of workout videos from five quick minutes to 60, for fitness levels from beginner to advanced, all using minimal equipment. The best part? You can take it with you anywhere. Stream in the living room, while traveling for work or between vacation activities to get in a quick workout whenever, wherever.
- Come to a 35-minute express class at the studio. We offer a noon Express Method class on Tuesdays and Thursdays, specially-designed so you can fit in on your lunch break. Sign up here!
- Simplify your morning routine to give yourself more time for exercise. Our trainers gave us their expert tips on setting yourself up for a successful a.m. Use these tips to make some extra time for movement of the body!
- Choose any activity over no activity. If you’ve only got time for a 20-minute walk after work or while the sitter watches the little ones, take it. Consistency is key to transforming both your body and mind, so even the smallest amount of movement on a crazy day can make the biggest difference!