(Trick or) Treat Yourself
Ever feel wasteful tossing all those perfectly good pumpkin carving leftovers? We have your eco-friendly solution right here: Put them on your face! Yep, we’re serious — Clary attests to the trick herself. Your skin will be glowing from the beta-carotene, zinc and vitamin C-rich pumpkin and cinnamon aids in blood circulation for a more even skin tone (plus, let’s be honest, who doesn’t want to smell like pumpkin pie?).
For the perfect, rejuvenating DIY fall facial:
- Scoop out about 1/2 c. stringy pumpkin innards (leave 5-10 seeds attached)
- Put innards, 1 tbsp. greek yogurt, 1 tsp. honey and 1/2 tsp. cinnamon in a food processor
- Process until you’ve made a paste-like consistency
- Apply to a clean face and leave for 15 minutes
- Rinse, using a warm washcloth to remove the mask
Plus, try Liz + Clary’s favorite toasted pumpkin seeds:
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees
- Toss clean pumpkin seeds in olive oil and garlic salt until lightly coated
- Place seeds on a single layer on a baking sheet coated in parchment paper
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until golden brown in color
- Did you know? Pumpkin seeds are not only delicious, but a nutritional powerhouse! A great source of omega-3 fatty acids and magnesium, these little guys will keep your heart super healthy. They also contain zinc, which boosts the immune system, and natural phytoestrogens, which lead to decreased blood pressure and fewer hot flashes, headaches, joint pain and other menopausal symptoms!