Farro & Veggies with Yogurt Dressing
Here’s a vegetarian recipe that has lots of options for substitutions to make sure you are both happy and healthy!
1 cup farro, cooked
1 cup small broccoli florets
1 cup yellow squash, quartered
1 cup baby portobello mushrooms, halved
1 cup butternut squash, cubed
1/2 cup plain whole yogurt
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp oregano
1 T lemon juice
Cilantro to garnish
1. Preheat oven to Bake 425. I recommend a silicone sheet pan liner or parchment instead of aluminum.
2. Cook 1 cup farro according to package directions. I usually use 1 1/2 cups instead of 2 cups water for a more al dente texture.
3. Wash and chop veggies and cut into bite-sized pieces.
*Great veggie substitutes: cauliflower, zucchini, eggplant, brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, asparagus* Just get colorful!
4. Place veggies on sheet pan and bake for 10-15 minutes until fork tender or lightly browned…that’s right, no olive oil or seasoning. I love this technique to gently soften the veggies and maintain their nutritional value.
5. Stir together yogurt, garlic, salt, pepper, oregano and lemon juice to make dressing. Substitute any favorite flavor for the oregano such as Herbs de Provence, Dill, Thyme or Basil. Are herbs capitalized? They should be, always.
6. Plate a scoop of farro, top with veggies, and generously drizzle with yogurt dressing and sprinkle with cilantro (or parsley or scallions) and enjoy. Season with more s & p if needed.